World Allergy Week – 2018 ( Eczema )
The world allergy week – 2018.
Topic selected for this year is…
Awareness of Atopic Dermatitis / Eczema ; An itch that rashes.
The world allergy organization ( WAO ) is addressing the need for greater awareness and understanding of atopic dermatitis including the role of food allergy as well as quality of life concerns, new treatment options, the socio – economic burden and the importance of skin care.
What is eczema?
Skin condition in which there is inflammation in the body. the inflamed skin which shows red dots, is due to skin vesicles that carries a lot of heat and it carries a lot of toxins sometimes. Often they break and liquid oozes making the site moist. That leads to bacterial growth and infection. As it is very irritating , person scratches more and more , leading to more skin breakage and more infection.
There is no clear therapy or cure for eczema but still few things can be very handy and helpful.
What are trigger factors for Eczema?
Allergy that can trigger off eczema can range from wheat to cow’s milk to white sugar, eggs, peanuts, chicken and potatoes. These are known allergens to human body.
- Toxins in human body
If it is not due to allergy, its due to toxins.
If excrete system, or urinary system, of body gets blocked anyhow, accumulation of toxins happens in the body.
If skin pores, which excrete sweat from the body, gets blocked, you will have skin problems in addition to toxin accumulation.
Like vise it is applicable to all elementary organs as liver, lungs, kidney.
Today almost every individual has these blockage issues of systems, so having toxins accumulated in their body.
So, as a defense mechanism, body tries to eject these toxins from the body, as a result of which acne, eczema, and in severe cases mutation of cells or damage to DNA can happen.
How to reduce toxin levels in the body ( particularly for eczema ) ?
- increase your fruit intake – because fruits have naturally detoxifying ability in the human body, so for someone who has eczema, should make sure that 70 % of their food comprises of raw vegetables and fruits, as they contain live enzymes with ability to wipe out toxins from your body. Even if 1 % of toxin is removed from body, you will find improvement in severity of eczema.
- All raw fruits and vegetables, specially carrot juice has ability to reduce your eczema by pushing toxins from liver and other part of your body.
- Raw spinach or little steamed spinach has higher detoxifying effect , good for eczema.
- Muskmelons and any berries are good for relief from eczema.
- Adding coconut oil to food or replacing ghee with coconut oil is very helpful, give it a try for couple of weeks.
- Reduce dairy products As eczema is an inflammatory condition and most of dairy products produces allergens in body, or can be a main trigger factor for eczema, one should not consume them if suffering from eczema. You will notice improvement soon.
- Sprouts are most nutrient rich food available on planet. Specially in eczema, sprout moong, or green dal or sprout alfalfa. Consuming sprouts regularly will improve eczema conditions.
- Apply cold pressed coconut oil to affected area of skin.
- Have sunlight early in the morning, have ability to heal bacteria.
What we should avoid in food?
- Tea, coffee, and caffeine containing drinks;-
Caffeine wipes out a couple of B Vitamins from our body which basically plays important role in protecting skin.
- Sugar and junk food
Overconsumption of these foods reduce the amount of nutrition reached to the cells. These will trigger and worsen the skin conditions.
- Gluten or Wheat, Spices, such as vanilla, Cloves & Cinnamon, Tomato,
- Avoid clothes that retain heat at bedtime.
- Avoid stress and anxiety as they adversely impact the condition.
- Avoid applying artificial lotion as it will add more toxins to the site. ( instead gently apply coconut oil + pink salt )
- Natural Home Treatment:
While there is no cure for eczema, there are a variety of non-invasive eczema treatment options that can provide relief during a flare-up and some that may prevent its onset.
Vitamin D :- In addition to increasing sun exposure, supplementing with vitamin D rich foods may help prevent eczema in children and adolescents.
2. Moisturize :- it is imperative to moisturize affected areas at least twice a day. Coconut oil is the perfect moisturizer for eczema sufferers.
3. Cool, Wet Compresses: Applying a cool, wet compress lessens the itching for some individuals with eczema.
4. Apply Itch Cream :-The intense itching is often the most miserable part of an eczema flare. Try using a natural homemade eczema cream that incorporates Shea butter, coconut oil, raw honey.
5. Fatty Acid:- Including foods rich in Omega-3s to prevent eczema should be considered. During a flare, these foods are a great eczema treatment that will boost immune system function and speed healing
6.Vitamin E :-Taking 400IU of vitamin E daily can help to speed healing by reducing inflammation. In addition, topical application of vitamin E may help to relieve the itch and prevent against scarring.
- Home Remedies :-
2 teaspoons olive oil with a glass of milk and adding it to your bath water. Oatmeal baths to relieve Itching.
Chamomile & Green Tea
- Infused waters like
1 Ltr water + Saffron(2sp)
•1 Ltr water + Aloevera(20ml)
•1 Ltr water + Apple (2sp) can help.